Soundbites From the Edge

Wikipedia: Soundbite: Characterized by a short phrase or sentence that deftly captures the essence of what the speaker is trying to say. Such key moments in dialogue (or monologue) stand out better in the audience's memory and thus become the "taste" that best represents the entire "meal" of the larger message or conversation. Sound bites are a natural consequence of people placing ever greater emphasis on summarizing ever-increasing amounts of information in their lives. Welcome.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Mothers Day Wishes from MAX

So Max takes a running leap into our bed this morning and tells me has something to tell me. A secret.

Max: "Mom, I love you 10 million, one hundred ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen and two thousand!!!"
Me: "OOOOOHHHHH how exciting! I love you too!"
Max: (trying to outdo his previous statement, he utters with some hesitancy in his voice): "Mom I love you MORE than TV!"
Me: Speechless. I know the strength he had to muster up to make this statement, how can I show him I get it?"
"Max, I love you MORE than Hello Kitty laminated in good packaging!"
Max: "WOW"

We look at each other in this knowing way, nodding our heads as if we've really said all that there is to say on a day like Mothers Day...


My secret? The biggest Mothers Day Present I received today was Max NOT saying what he really wanted to say... that he loves me MORE than TV but LESS than guns.
Guns that he fashions out of anything consisting of solid matter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home