Soundbites From the Edge

Wikipedia: Soundbite: Characterized by a short phrase or sentence that deftly captures the essence of what the speaker is trying to say. Such key moments in dialogue (or monologue) stand out better in the audience's memory and thus become the "taste" that best represents the entire "meal" of the larger message or conversation. Sound bites are a natural consequence of people placing ever greater emphasis on summarizing ever-increasing amounts of information in their lives. Welcome.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, November 08, 2007

My House is Clean and I am Now Declaring it a National Treasure

My house is clean.

This is really something people.

It hasn't been this organized in a long time and I am now going to treat it as if a Supreme Being came down from on high and declared it a protected space. A space so worthy, simply because I live here and I worked so hard cleaning and organizing it for the past 5 years. I have gotten close to gaining control over my home before, but then BANG (3) back to back, 9 month set backs, I mean pregnancies. But now that Zoe is three, Clara is 4.5 and Max is 6.5 they can largely fend for themselves, freeing me up to do things like fold laundry, scrub floors and shine my kitchen sink every night before I go to bed. I peer into my dishless, shiny sink every morning and I know who is the fairest of them all. My mental well being is all wrapped up in this shiny sink situation, so don't mess. Don't leave any dishes in my sink. That's right, put them straight into the dishwasher. This, my friends, is a proteted space whereupon I can reflect and rejoice.

In fact I now patrol my entire home like a National Park Ranger. Scanning my environment for debris and checking to see if anything is running amiss, like the bathroom needing a fresh hand towel.

I have fought long and hard to reach this point. Even though this point that I have reached might only meet minimum national standards of cleanliness, for me it is the zenith. The cleanest it will ever be...

Namaste.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallelujah!!

Congrats on your new found glory.
I can still only achieve this Zen state in the wee hours ( exactly 2 a.m.)...hence the dark circles. This coincides with my little ones oh so empty tummy so actually I really don't know what sleep feels like anymore but.....those clean and sparkling surfaces staring back at you in the morn are oh so worth it on so many levels eh? : )

Lovin ya,
gi

6:41 AM  
Blogger Hello Kitty said...

Gi,
I know you share in my joy. Our battlefields are very similar. Joyous and wild and filled with laundry.

May we both move forth with great fortitude and success in our domestic endeavors.

xoxo
K

11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home