Soundbites From the Edge

Wikipedia: Soundbite: Characterized by a short phrase or sentence that deftly captures the essence of what the speaker is trying to say. Such key moments in dialogue (or monologue) stand out better in the audience's memory and thus become the "taste" that best represents the entire "meal" of the larger message or conversation. Sound bites are a natural consequence of people placing ever greater emphasis on summarizing ever-increasing amounts of information in their lives. Welcome.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Monday, March 20, 2006

My husbands day in Traffic Tribunal - the arraignment

Today is the day my husband pays for my crimes commited against the Traffic Tribunal. He even has our friend (thanks D!) representing him at the "arraignment". I told him I thought he should have pulled out the big guns for the actual trial, but I guess even the arraignment has his boxers in a twist. When my husband gets nervous he mumbles. He's been pacing around all morning mumbling something about not recognizing the authority of the traffic tribunal over crimes commited by his wife, lil old me. My faithful reader (Hi Mom!) knows this story, but for the rest of you (hi R!) I"ll keep it brief by summarizing via Haiku:

Dave driving to work
Gets pulled over by the cops
What was going on?

I didn't renew
our cars 2 registrations
car impounded oops!

Paid a ticket late
They say they sent a notice
License suspended

Now my husband pays
Doin the time nine o-clock
My kung fu wiggle

(I call him my kung fu wiggle as he's a black belt, but has the unfortunate predisposition to move like the Wiggles when he dances, so of course I don't encourage the dancing much.)

Putting my husband in this position must seem horrible, but dear faithful reader (mom), you know me. I'm too busy preventing serious injury (zoe likes to climb up onto the dining room table, clara likes to find knives to play with and max thinks its fun to jump from the top bunk) on a daily basis to keep up with incoming mail. I think its time for my kung fu wiggle to take over the paperwork.
OK gotta run... he's leaving now and i need prop him up - Traffic Tribunal appearances are more my schtick. We balance each other nicely.

2 Comments:

Blogger TheScoop said...

holy high car hell
he pays dearly for your sins
it sucks to be dave

-mhk

11:40 AM  
Blogger Hello Kitty said...

so true MHK
I'll be sure to be in full Fly Lady mode tonite and wow him with a supercalifragalistic supper.

-HK

11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home