Soundbites From the Edge

Wikipedia: Soundbite: Characterized by a short phrase or sentence that deftly captures the essence of what the speaker is trying to say. Such key moments in dialogue (or monologue) stand out better in the audience's memory and thus become the "taste" that best represents the entire "meal" of the larger message or conversation. Sound bites are a natural consequence of people placing ever greater emphasis on summarizing ever-increasing amounts of information in their lives. Welcome.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Monday, March 13, 2006

Hail Hail the Bride!

THE Wedding Day has come and gone.
  • I engaged in all required spa day events, including sea-weed wrap gone wild.
  • I reluctantly allowed the hairstylist to:
  • a. Create tendrils of hair cascading along the sides of my face to "soften the angles"
  • b. Secure thousands of bobby pins into my hair - I'm still undergoing a search and rescue 3 days later.
  • c. Spray unimaginable amounts of product into my hair

I knelt down behind the bride during the ceremony several times, in front of hundreds, to assure that the most voluminous train ever created was in it's fullest expression. (This garment had a life of its own)
I endured 8 hours of shallow breathing in a dress 2 sizes too small.

My dress will now be transformed into satin accent pillows.

Ps. The bride was beautiful and I enjoyed every loving minute of it!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come on now!!! The train was not the long. I'm famous!!! I made your blog!!!

Thanks for being there w/ me matron!!

Don't forget to view the photos online. Clara and Max are soooooooo cute!

CWS

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home