Soundbites From the Edge

Wikipedia: Soundbite: Characterized by a short phrase or sentence that deftly captures the essence of what the speaker is trying to say. Such key moments in dialogue (or monologue) stand out better in the audience's memory and thus become the "taste" that best represents the entire "meal" of the larger message or conversation. Sound bites are a natural consequence of people placing ever greater emphasis on summarizing ever-increasing amounts of information in their lives. Welcome.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Monday, March 20, 2006

Care Bears Consolidate!

Dear Funshine Bear, Bedtime Bear, Love-A-Lot Bear, Tenderheart Bear, Good Luck Bear, Cheer Bear, Wish Bear, Grumpy Bear, Friend Bear & Share Bear,

Have you ever considered consolidating? It's very difficult for me to follow your story line with so many characters, especially since you're all fairly un-inspiring and indistiguishable. I'm so busy tring to figure out which bear did what, that it's nearly impossible to determine if there is indeed a plot to your stories. Perhaps thats your smokescreen, but it's gotten to be so bad that I read 2 pages and then have to put the book down before my brain seizes and then my children start crying, which I still prefer to reading your story. I wish I could bury the book up on love-a-lot mountain but my girls won't have it. I think they ask me to read it to drive me insane, getting me out of their way. Me being the last obtacle in between them, watching TV and eating strawberry ice-cream all the live long day. I have indeed detected a correlation between my denying my daughter clara just ONE MORE SHOW and her requests for me to read the Care Bear Storybook Treasury.
So enough complaining, I'd like to become a part of the solution - lets take a closer look at this. Whats the difference between Love A Lot and Tenderheart Bear? (Other than a 15 dollar value if they are sold separately.) They seem to both have the same emotional footprint. Can't Friend bear also be cheery, lucky, full of funshine and a wish-maker? Couldn't bedtime bear just dissapear altogether? The only bear I'd like to preserve as a separate character is grumpy with the hopes that he'll eventually kick the rest of you all the way down Rainbow Trail, clear out of Care-a-lot to where the fun don't shine.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As one of your faithful readers (Hi mom), I was delighted to check out your blog at 7am this morning and find another one - a reason to laugh at this hour is de-light-ful. Last week Max told me "don't be such a love-a-lot" ... even at 5 it is a little much!!

3:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I know all too well the scenerio, we have same book. Personal favorite of mine are the My Little Pony series. S insists on reciting the names of every pony in between pages. FUN FUN. It's all I can do not to run from the house saying it's Friggin Butterscotch already ( lying of course cause who the hell can remember who's who )

6:28 AM  
Blogger Hello Kitty said...

g
you are hilarious!
i'm going to avoid the little ponies like the PLAGUE.

6:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's not good Kitty. You should support Hasbro all the way!!

CWS

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home