Soundbites From the Edge

Wikipedia: Soundbite: Characterized by a short phrase or sentence that deftly captures the essence of what the speaker is trying to say. Such key moments in dialogue (or monologue) stand out better in the audience's memory and thus become the "taste" that best represents the entire "meal" of the larger message or conversation. Sound bites are a natural consequence of people placing ever greater emphasis on summarizing ever-increasing amounts of information in their lives. Welcome.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, February 17, 2009


I haven't blogged about this in quite some time. But I'm going to be gathering with the girls from the East Side of Somewhere on February the 26th, and already there's a freshness in the air, a spring in my step, and "Perfect lip gloss" has migrated onto my shopping list. I have to jog my memory to remember what not to wear. Was it the V-neck or the high waist? The cuffed pant or the shirt with rouching? Should my belt and shoes match? Damn. Last time I met up with them I smelled like flowers for 3 days. It was as if a halo of geraniums settled in around my neckline and every time I rotated or flexed my cervical spine I was reminded of how these women just smell good.

They get free flights of wine with a wink of an eye.
When I'm with them, people bring pillows and arm rests and see to it that the temperature is just right. Hair is voluminous and shiny, pores are tight. I'm reminded that I should actually wear a medium and not an extra large and that layering is technology. An old friend I'd forgotten about. I leave feeling like I own stock in Fabulous.

I'll be sure to document the event.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thursday is the 26th, Friday is the 27th - Are you not going to Patricia's?

Thanks for the heads-up!

8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home