Soundbites From the Edge

Wikipedia: Soundbite: Characterized by a short phrase or sentence that deftly captures the essence of what the speaker is trying to say. Such key moments in dialogue (or monologue) stand out better in the audience's memory and thus become the "taste" that best represents the entire "meal" of the larger message or conversation. Sound bites are a natural consequence of people placing ever greater emphasis on summarizing ever-increasing amounts of information in their lives. Welcome.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, February 14, 2009

my kind of romance


Scene:
Josh Groban spinning. Max, Clara, Zoe and I are dancing around in interpretive free form dance. Sharing my special brand of crazy with them, that is better medicated by spontaneous interpretive dance than lithium, although some might disagree, and really, I drive my husband crazy.
Back to our dance. I'm a butterfly, they are gremlins nipping at my heels as I unfold from cocoon to monarch butterfly. Chasing me all over the obstacle course that is our living space. Leaping across laundry in a single bound. I pass Dave just as my twirling begins to unfold into it's full expression, joy radiating from every limb of my body and every lobe of my brain. Feeling the fullness of life and all the joy that exists within it.

Dave shoots me a stern look as I hold this pose, which emanates from the womb of the earth mother & grunts: "Are you having a seizure?"

I unfold and crumple into laughter.

My kind of romance.

Namaste

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home