Soundbites From the Edge

Wikipedia: Soundbite: Characterized by a short phrase or sentence that deftly captures the essence of what the speaker is trying to say. Such key moments in dialogue (or monologue) stand out better in the audience's memory and thus become the "taste" that best represents the entire "meal" of the larger message or conversation. Sound bites are a natural consequence of people placing ever greater emphasis on summarizing ever-increasing amounts of information in their lives. Welcome.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Microbiotica

For the first time in 5 years I scrubbed all my kitchen cabinets.

It was disgusting and if this is something normal people do regularly, I'd rather not know. Should you find yourself recoiling in horror, center yourself and contemplate the indigenous microbiotica crawling all over your skin 24/7.
My feeling is that at the end of my life, if I spent the 2 monthly hours required to stay on top of this situation, over the course of oh, say, 35 years, I'll have spent in excess of 4,680 hours on this task. I'd rather log that time in sleeping or exercising or drinking, or talking to Rosana on the phone. Thats about 56,000 5' headstands which is a more certain Nirvana than the flicker of recognition I'll receive for this menial task. And with 20/40 vision and not a pair of specs to be found, I'm not going to notice.

So if my husband, upstairs, asunder with man-cold, doesn't notice my efforts, rest assure I will never do this again. To top it off, now I'm afflicted with carpal and mental tunnel syndrome. And yes, I enjoy commas.

Namaste.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home