Soundbites From the Edge

Wikipedia: Soundbite: Characterized by a short phrase or sentence that deftly captures the essence of what the speaker is trying to say. Such key moments in dialogue (or monologue) stand out better in the audience's memory and thus become the "taste" that best represents the entire "meal" of the larger message or conversation. Sound bites are a natural consequence of people placing ever greater emphasis on summarizing ever-increasing amounts of information in their lives. Welcome.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Friday, January 05, 2007

Albuterol, Coffee and Me; A Blessed Trinity.

I cleaned my house today!
And I don't just mean I cleaned, I mean I DECLUTTERED the entire first level of my house, and theres only 1 room on the upper level. So I decluttered 90% of my house.

And by decluttering I mean I moved all the clutter than was primarily in my kitchen to the 1 room on the upper level, which is my bedroom, and a bit unfortunate, but that room is still a work in progress, so the clutter sort of disapears into the backdrop of unfinished walls, ladders and hammers and isn't this the longest sentence I've ever written!

Regardless, this is a massive accomplishment and I have now decreed that no paper products are permitted on my kitchen counters or anywhere other than my desk for that matter. I know, "Good luck with that." As a defense tactic I have placed a handsome metallic rack in my foyer, which is technically a 2' x 2' space, but just enough room for me to enter, spin 45 degrees counter clockwise and place mail in appropriate bins. And the bins are labled "Recycling", "Dave" and "Me". I will allow papers to reside in that bin for 1 week at which time, anything left unnatended to will shift to recylcing and so it will be from now until the end of time or one week from now when I get lazy.

This high level of productivity was facilitated by 2 very nice, soft slow steady inhalations of albuterol (asthma treatment) to facilitate the opening of my passageways, chased by 4 cups of coffee. And I've only been drinking 1 cup of green tea a day for the last 4 months. The treatment was just what I needed to catapult (literally) me into action.

Shazam.
ps. Mom. Don't be concerned about the Albuterol, I'm not addicted, I happened to be a little asthmatic this morning and decided to capitalize on the situation. You know my cup is always half full...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whew...there are so many things to comment on in this little but informative passage. MMMM..to start you've fallen off your tea daydream back into the coffee gerbil wheel eh?
I had such high hopes for you ; ). Oh well, trying to keep up with three little people and look normal makes almost anything acceptable.
Kudos on the massive cleaning and organization!!!! Hopeful it lasts longer for you than it did for me. Just yesterday I cleaned out the nice weekly file bins I purchased for the kids schoolwork ( 2 months later! ) Oh well, we all do what we can : ). Love ya and keep up the enthusiasm!

8:49 AM  
Blogger TheScoop said...

dear blog slacker

c'mon already
don't leave us hanging wondering about life in bedlam...

mk

3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home