Soundbites From the Edge

Wikipedia: Soundbite: Characterized by a short phrase or sentence that deftly captures the essence of what the speaker is trying to say. Such key moments in dialogue (or monologue) stand out better in the audience's memory and thus become the "taste" that best represents the entire "meal" of the larger message or conversation. Sound bites are a natural consequence of people placing ever greater emphasis on summarizing ever-increasing amounts of information in their lives. Welcome.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Kinks

Wow.
We're VERY busy these days! Working through various kinks that go along with SCHOOL.
The magical yellow bus still pulls up every single weekday morn and this event has not lost its shine for me. I'm still as excited as I was the very first day. And despite a call home from Max's teacher regarding a certain kiss on the lips that apparently qualified as a "situation", and a couple of meltdowns at school by miss clara, I think we are representing fairly well in the public school system!
However, Im finding this school snack preparation extremely challenging now that 2 of the wee three are in school! Clara with her refusal to eat any food that has ingredients in it, Max with his need for variety and my refusal to buy pre-packaged snacks makes for a challenging situation. In a moment of weakness, I walked down the snack aisle last week at the Big Y to see what my options are and they are aplenty! But then I'd have to deal with the remorse I would feel over purchasing packaging that I can't recycle and I'm not there yet. I probably have about 7 more minimalized packaging all natural snacking days in me before I throw my arms up in the air and hitchike for the nearest Nabisco facility. Then our bento boxes will be inhabited by a sweet little family of bears called "Teddy Grahams" and a family of tasty 100 calorie snacks to be found @ http://www.nabiscoworld.com/100caloriepacks/100cp_varieties.aspx

Namaste.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home