Soundbites From the Edge

Wikipedia: Soundbite: Characterized by a short phrase or sentence that deftly captures the essence of what the speaker is trying to say. Such key moments in dialogue (or monologue) stand out better in the audience's memory and thus become the "taste" that best represents the entire "meal" of the larger message or conversation. Sound bites are a natural consequence of people placing ever greater emphasis on summarizing ever-increasing amounts of information in their lives. Welcome.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

The East Side of Somewhere

Rise and shine little ones,
We're going to a wonderful place today! A neighborhood on the East Side of Somewhere, where Beautiful Shiny People live with their Beautiful Shiny Children! We'll be heading over there after mommy can find some clean coordinating outfits and accessories (not as easy as it sounds). We need to represent well for the country folk who live with us on the West Side of Nowhere. Because on the East Side of Somewhere, you'll find its bustling with mommies and children dressed in snappy outfits and matching socks!
Mommy's mentor, co-conspirator and friend for 18 years lives there. We went to college together and while she was quite bright and able to multi-task, Mommy found it difficult to keep up with our grueling schedule of classes all day, drinking all night (She introduced mommy to wonderful chap named Johnny Walker), and rowing practice at 5am. The school wasn't at all pleased with my performance, gave me a score of 1.0 and asked that I take a break for a semester to reflect on my weaknesses. I returned the following semester fearing a repeat performance, but somehow the time I spent reflecting with new friends at the local community college, helped me to develop a more mature multi tasking function.
Since K has special skills Mommy often looks to her for advisement. She started having babies about 2 years ahead of me, and then we followed the same schedule for the next 4 years, so between us we have 6 children 7 and under. (Needless to say she's been there.)
You guys LOVE going to K's house. When we arrive she will greet us with gusto and the 3 of you will find someone just about your size to play with. K will probably look mommy over and want to dress me in something like this or this, so we'll amble up to her Closet of the Order of Shiny Fashionable Beautiful People. Even though she's been able to obliterate her muffin top post three children, there always seems to be a article or 2 from the good old days of the M.T. Don't get me wrong, I never feel judged by K, she's just enthusiastic about her apparel, accessories and matching socks. Whereas I'm enthusiastic about finding something clean to wear and belong to the Closet of the Order of Falling Piles of Mismatched Clothes from the 80's.
Then again, her youngest is about 2 years older than my youngest so I'm highly optimistic for our future. So little ones, get ready... set... GO! Lets see who can find a matching outfit first... and there's gotta be an accessory around here somewhere...

1 Comments:

Blogger Hello Kitty said...

Follow up: Not only are these children fabulously dressed they are learn-ed! I recoiled in feelings of parental neglect when I heard her 2 girls (4 and 3) chime in and sing about all the Continents and Presidents! I'm so sorry Max, Clara and Zoe... Mommies shooting too low! I thought we had it made when we nailed down the Alphabet!

And look at me... leaving comments on my own blog! Delinquent and Desperate!

2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home