Soundbites From the Edge

Wikipedia: Soundbite: Characterized by a short phrase or sentence that deftly captures the essence of what the speaker is trying to say. Such key moments in dialogue (or monologue) stand out better in the audience's memory and thus become the "taste" that best represents the entire "meal" of the larger message or conversation. Sound bites are a natural consequence of people placing ever greater emphasis on summarizing ever-increasing amounts of information in their lives. Welcome.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, February 08, 2007

The State of our Union


Greetings Max, Clara and Zoe

I thought I would take a moment to address recent events in order that you might better understand why I know the answer to questions like: "How much time should elapse between taking advil and drinking alcoholic beverages?".

It appears that an infirmed ghost from the 1700's is living with us and infecting us with all the diseases of yore. First, after having spent 3 weeks with the Flu, we contracted Scarlet Fever. When the doctor told us we (we meaning Max) had Scarlet Fever, I cowered in the corner in shame thinking about how we would have to put a big "S" on our house and burn our clothes to a crisp. Surely we would be cast out when our community heard the news! Then the Doctor advised me that times have changed since the 1700's, that we now have antibiotics to deal with Scarlet Fever and that it's really just strep throat with a rash. THen I realized I was confusing Scarlet Fever with the Scarlet Letter and when I told him that, he mentioned that the Scarlet letter was actually an "A" and not an "S" and was I feeling a little stressed lately?

About 5 days after the rash cleared up, we found ourselves back in the doctors office again, this time with the MUMPS or a viral sibling thereof. MUMPS! SCARLET FEVER!

I do give thanks that none of these illnesses appear to be serious, but please, lets really fire up our immune systems and pull out of this!

ME

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your tribe has certainly had enough
winter illness. I must now apologize for my contribution, if any, to your grief
for my comment the other day, " Did he really have the mumps, didn't he get the vaccine ? " In retrospect that sounds a bit harsh. But I hope you know already it was meant with genuine curiosity and no judgment what so ever : ). That said, Hope you have a wonderful Valentines Day full of multicolor gummy bears and Pokemon treats with hearts ( maybe a little rose petals thrown in too ;)...

6:36 AM  
Blogger Hello Kitty said...

I took no offense to the vaccine inquiry!
Hope you had a fabulous Valentines Day G!
K

5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home