Soundbites From the Edge

Wikipedia: Soundbite: Characterized by a short phrase or sentence that deftly captures the essence of what the speaker is trying to say. Such key moments in dialogue (or monologue) stand out better in the audience's memory and thus become the "taste" that best represents the entire "meal" of the larger message or conversation. Sound bites are a natural consequence of people placing ever greater emphasis on summarizing ever-increasing amounts of information in their lives. Welcome.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Friday, March 03, 2006

Husband test #1



Test: To see if husband will pick up debris placed just to the left of our front door. Highly visible, highly disgusting semi-washed glass jar of organic applesauce. (I consider the fact that product is organic to be mitigating. Makes it bearable for me to pass it. Winter is also optimal time for test as product is frozen in snow making smell less of an issue. When I get stronger and can find more humor in this I might switch to a half used can of spam and run the test in August.)
This is just to confirm what I know to be true... that my darling husband shares the same DNA material as Sanford and their Sons.

Hypothesis: Husband will walk by this debris daily, make mental note and take no action. I will probably last 3 days at which time I, as a result of a complex combination of satisfaction and disgust, will combust and transport it 15' to the debris receptacle.

Flagged for follow up on 3/6, day before we leave for DISNEYWHIRLED.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why do you feel the need to test him?

Gary

3:33 PM  
Blogger Hello Kitty said...

It's a good question. I do it in fairly good humor - kind of adds an element of contrived drama to my day that is filled with so much baby drama that I have no control over!
Thanks for posting.

4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home